The Path Towards the military

By Angelina Niave, Reporter

The Path Towards the Military

By Angelina Niave

Many people believe when you join the military

you’re going straight into war. That is not true. The military has many opportunities for people were school isn’t there thing or who want to take a

different path than college. The military can also help with people who want to attend college but don’t have the money to afford it. When you join the military they pay for your schooling, insurance, and housing. To get into there are only a couple of steps.

ASVAB

One most important things to get into the army  is to the ASVAB test. The ASVAB stands for Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery. The test does not tell how smart you are, but what jobs you’d be good at. The ASVAB test does not cost any money so anybody can take it without intentions to join any branch in the military. You can take the ASVAB just to see what jobs you’llbe good at so you have a better idea at why you want to major in when you head to college.

If you do want to join the military you will need to take this test but you do not need to do good at all the subjects, just pass the subjects that are your best. Also anyone is eligible as long a you are a U.S citizen, are in good health and are between the ages of 17 and 35. The date for the schools ASVAB test is on Friday October 26 from 8:00 to 11:00.

Recruiters

Another step to get into the military is by talking to recruiters. Many recruiters come to the school from different branches. The national guard has been coming and also Army recruiters. You can go to the career center and Mr. Dohlin will help you and give you information on anything about the military you’re intrested in.

These are two of the main steps to get into and get ready for the military. You can go to the career center for more information or and military branches offices.

The Path Towards the Military

By Angelina Niave

ASVAB

Recruiters