“Southern Soiree”

An advertisement for the school dance, the cutest school dance of all time. For a rootin' tootin' good time, come dance with us ya'll.

PC: Jordan Toledo

PC: Jordan Toledo

By Jordan Toledo, Reporter

A night filled with lights, laughter, and friends is coming up soon for the MoHi student body to participate in. This Saturday, November 21st from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM in the gymnasium, the ASB students are putting on “A Southern Soiree”. The tickets can be purchased at the SBO for 25$ without ASB and 22$ with it.

“I’m really excited to dress up and dance with my friends, Modesto always has the best dances,” freshman Madison Mccabe exclaimed. Many students are expected to come, so make sure you get the tickets now before they are sold out! Photos will begin at 7:00 PM in the Cafeteria. Be sure to get those memories documented so they can last a lifetime! Modesto High has been known for their outstanding and creative formal themes, such as “Arabian Nights” and “A Night in Paris”. This event will truly be spectacular with custom decorations, an in-demand DJ, and fashion galore.

A fun tradition when going formal is the excitement and nervousness of asking a fellow student to join you at the Soiree. Many creative ways have been done to do just this, such as Sophomore Matthew Soares asking his tennis playing date with dozens of tennis balls spelling out “Formal?” on the court. Some might go a simpler route with a handmade poster accompanied by flowers or candy. Overall, the formal experience is something that every on in high school should encounter, as well as making a good memory to look back on as we get older. Come join the Panthers this Saturday for endless entertainment and fun!