Rally Recap

By Lauren Byerly, Reporter

The first homecoming rally of the year occurred last Friday, and it was a success! According to Rally Co-Lead Bethy Romeo, the level of involvement and number of people were the biggest successes of the afternoon. Despite the obstacles that they faced during planning, the spirit of the Modesto High student body and the level of enthusiasm which was infused into the pep-o-meters and the cheers made the rally what it was. There were spirit posters on the walls of the gym, which added to the spirited atmosphere as well!

There had been concerns among the rally commission that this rally would not be as successful as previous rallies due to the rearrangement in the order of activities. The games and the longer cheers, which had been staples of rallies until this point, had to be removed due to time constraints. This included shortening the football team’s cheer. However, these changes were augmented by a greater number of shorter cheers! The only issue surrounding the timing occurred at the end of the rally when the bell rang halfway through the school hymn. Otherwise, all went smoothly.

There were three performances during the rally, the Junior Varsity cheer performance, the Dance Production dance, and the Varsity cheer performance. All three were organized and well put together!

PC: Maryan Arriola
Our Mohi Varsity Cheer Team, which performed during the rally!

Lastly, the main event of the rally was the announcement of the sophomore and junior class royalty! The Sophomore Princess was Bethy Romeo, the Sophomore Prince was Alonzo Rodriguez, the Junior Princess was Alicia Lawrence, and the Junior Prince was Kaleb Hatten. Congratulations to all of the homecoming court members, and congratulations to those who made it to the top three for each category! In the end, the rally was an excellent homecoming celebration which demonstrated the unique, immense passion and spirit of Modesto High through performances, cheers, and our school hymn.