Sweetener Album Review

By Sabrina Mean, Reporter

Are you looking for some music to blast from all that stressing from school? Well, you’re in luck! Ariana Grande just released her fourth studio album, “Sweetener,” making it her third album that debuted No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. “Sweetener” has a total of 15 songs that can keep you up all night with mixtures of pop, r&b, and trap music, so if anyone likes these types of genres, then you came to the right place. Her three singles, “No Tears Left to Cry,” “The Light is Coming,” and “God is a Woman” debuted in the Top 20 before the release of “Sweetener,” showing how much people are already loving the new singles, even before the album dropped.

If you love to sing, dance or even move side to side, like me, this album can make you do or feel almost anything. A senior, Lauren Byerly states, “I really like the album because some of the songs are slower and others are more pop anthem so you can really listen to it whenever you want.” If you don’t agree with this statement then you need to go listen to the album like right this second and rethink your thoughts. Lizbet Villasenor, a junior, state “I loved how much the music gives female power and motivation.” I agree with Lizbet because even though the lyrics can be read sexually, there’s a much deeper meaning behind those said lyrics. For example, Grande began her album with “Raindrops (an angel cried)” and ended her album with “Get Well Soon” that was dedicated to the Manchester Arena Bombing. The last song on her album, “Get Well Soon,” has a 40 second clip of silence that makes the song’s duration exactly 5:22 in length, which is the date of the Manchester bombing that happened back in 2017.

There are so many emotions in the album that you’ll find a song for your every mood. So, whatever you are doing right now, stop it and go give “Sweetener” a listen and I guarantee you, it will sweeten your day!

Sabrina Mean, Reporter

Sabrina Mean is a reporter at the Modesto High. Although, this is her first year with the Panther Press, she is very eager to learn more about what's going...