To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

By Sabrina Mean, Reporter

When people hear about High School movies, they often think about teens falling  in love, lots of drama, all those cliche stuff right? Well let me take you into to a whole different world. “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” released August 17 and people are still in love with the movie. This movie stars Noah Centineo who portrays as Peter Kavinsky and Lana Condor who portrays as Lara Jean.

This story is about a girl named Lara Jean, who writes letter to her crushes but never sends them. But what will happen when your nosy little sister goes through your stuff and discover them and sends each and every single one of those letters to your crushes. Can you imagine what this girl is feeling? And worst of all, these crushes that she has, goes to the exact same school as her, shocker, right? Later on, she dates one of her crushes but they are in a “fake relationship.” They both agreed to the relationship for their own benefits; Peter is in it to make his ex jealous while Lara Jean uses it as getting closer to her crush. But what happens when both are too deep in their feelings and falls in love with each other but are afraid to speak up? Will they end in a disaster or will they fall deeper and be together happily ever after like in all other romantic teens movie.

When asked “What did you learn from the movie or what inspire you?” A junior, Maribel Enriquez answered, “Getting out of your comfort zone isn’t a bad thing.” When ask to elaborate on her answer she said, “I like how when the main girl was really shy and wouldn’t go to parties but when her sister tells the boys that she loved, she was force to get out of her comfort zone.” Another junior replied, “The movie inspired me to go out there and make new friends, go on adventures and to do what scares me because I shouldn’t let fear control me.” What a beautiful answer from these two fellows! Did you think you learn something from the movie or did it made you go out and do stuff like these fellows? Well if so, make sure to drop a comment! And if you didn’t watch the movie yet, you’re totally missing out on all the fun! Thanks for reading!!!

Sabrina Mean, Reporter

Sabrina Mean is a reporter at the Modesto High. Although, this is her first year with the Panther Press, she is very eager to learn more about what's going...