Pumpkin Party

By Mehar Nijjar, Reporter

Halloween is coming up and the Random Acts of Kindness club of Modesto High came together to decorate/carve pumpkins for campus administration and staff. On Wednesday evening, around 20 club members attended the event and brought pumpkins of their own to decorate and/or carve. Club members used carving materials, paint, and imaginative ideas to create fun and spooky designs on their pumpkins. Some of the many artistic designs included a Harry Potter pumpkin, a cat, a Tim Burton character, a painted quote saying “Kindness is Contagious”, and more. While having fun and taking some time off of homework and school-related stress, students were able to do something kind for their school and earn CAS hours for their contribution.

Two days later, on Friday, October 20th, Random Acts of Kindness members distributed the pumpkins to teachers and staff after school. Although they couldn’t reach out to every staff member on campus, students were able to pleasantly surprise the main offices, supervision office, and several teachers with a festive gift and a card of appreciation. In return for the gift, club members received the warmth of gratitude and the satisfactory feeling of giving back to those who make Modesto High a special place for all learners. As the event was a success for a new club, Random Acts of Kindness intends to continue doing generous and thoughtful things for others.

Mehar Nijjar, Reporter

Hi there. My name is Mehar and I'm a junior at Modesto High School. Hobbies of mine include: listening to music , going for walks, reading, and watching...