Moments to Appreciate

because every moment is worth appreciating

By Jasmine López, Editor

1. A Moment of Laughter
    There’s physiological and scientific evidence that shows that smiling and laughing put you in a better mood.
    Take time every day to laugh, and you’ll find it’s both contagious and uplifting. Surround yourself with funny people, find opportunities to laugh at yourself, and laugh your way to the top.See the source image
  2. A Moment of Reflection
    We all lead such busy lives. It’s important to be able to take at least one moment each day where we do nothing but think.
    Put your phone away, get somewhere by yourself, and simply reflect (it doesn’t have to be long!) on the day that was and the day that will be, about decisions to come, and about what you’ve learned from the past.See the source image
  3. A Moment of Stillness
    There’s reflection and then there’s true stillness—the ability to shut off everything, including your mind, and get into a meditative state.
    The busier your life is, the more valuable it is to practice moments of stillness. Yoga and meditation are the most popular ways to get into this state, if only for a few minutes (science says you can reap the benefits in 15 minutes).See the source image
  4. A Moment of Joy
    Laughter is great, but joy is even more powerful. Take a moment to experience the joy of your kids or family, the joy of your spiritual connections, or the joy you can find in play, or music, or dance.See the source image
  5. A Moment of Humility
    Pride in your accomplishments is great, but so is a moment of humility, in which you appreciate your tiny role in the profoundly large universe around you. When we take a second to appreciate the amazing world around us, it’s hard not to be happy for all that we have.See the source image