The Inter-High Council Needs You

By Shelby Benz, Editor

Modesto High School needs eager, creative, and compassionate student leaders to represent the school and to make their voices hear through actively participating in the Inter-High Council. Inter-High is the organization led by the Student trustee of the Modesto City School Board of Education with the support of various movers and shakers of the community. The council, an eclectic group of students from all high schools in the district, is having its first meeting of the year in the Enochs library on Wednesday, September 5th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Among the items on the agenda, is a presentation by given by the new Superintendent, Dr. Noguchi, who will be connecting to students as part of her focus group of the year.

Inter-High has numerous plans stirring up for the new school year, including a student district newsletter to spearhead inter-high school competitions, a semester fundraiser for various local charities, and the annual Tournament of Talent. In order to make a greater impact in each person’s high school experience, the council is requesting leadership students and students from the student body to contribute to the conversation. Although the school year has only just begun, it is likely to pass in an instant. Your opinions and your words matter. It is essential to have the committment and the support of the student body to make this year the best one yet. The plans for the year are variable and ideas are encouraged. Make the most of this school year through spirit, service, and initiative.

Shelby Benz, Editor

Shelby Benz is a Senior at Modesto High School who is currently enrolled in the International Baccalaureate Programme. She is a very involved student who...