New Team, Who Dis!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Team, Who Dis!!

By Rohin Walia, Reporter

An hour before the NBA trade deadline, the Cleveland Cavaliers made very big moves to enhance their team after struggling in the past month. First, the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye and 2018 protected Cleveland Cavaliers draft pick to the Los Angeles Lakers for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. Isaiah Thomas was traded for disrupting the team’s spirit by blaming the coaching staff and players for how bad the team is doing. Thomas also complained about the minutes he plays and his shot selection. Isaiah Thomas will serve as a bench player behind rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, according to Luke Walton and Magic Johnson. The Cleveland Cavaliers also traded Dwayne Wade back to the Miami Heat for a 2020 second round pick. The Cavaliers participated in a three-team trade with the Jazz and Kings as well. The Cavaliers traded way Jae Crowder and Iman Shumpert for Rodney Hood and George Hill. It seems that the Cavaliers had traded almost half of their team. Lebron James seems to be the only player that is not available in the trade market. Now that the Cleveland have a “new” team, they will be looking to contend with the top team in the NBA for the remainder of the season.

Rohin Walia, Reporter

Rohin Walia is a senior IB student at Modesto High School. Rohin is a sports minded person who likes to have fun. Rohin also works very hard to get what...