Panthers vs. Bulldogs

By Tori Galloway, Reporter

Modesto Panthers and the Turlock Bulldogs faced of on Wednesday September 19th in the Panther Palace at 6:00pm. Turlock who won the Section in 2017 had 5 seniors graduate to all go on to play Division 1 and 2 college volleyball. The game was off to a quick start, with Modesto winning the first set 25-23 with an exciting end to the first set of the game. The set point was done by (Senior) Tori Galloway as she hit the ball inteending it to be a kill but went into the hands of the Turlock but Galloway covers herself by saving the ball and putting it up, and it ends up falling on the other side of the net. With a very sluggish start by the Panthers, struggling to pick up the pace in the beginning, the second set was won by the Bulldogs. The third set was a better start for the Panthers with a hard fought battle between there outside (Junior) Tubbs and the back row of (Freshmen) Kate Cover and (Senior) Tori Galloway. Struggling to pick up Tubbs cleaverous hits, the Seniors of Mohi were able to get the team back into the rhythm of the game. Especially (Senior) Hannah Scott. The fourth set it was long waited out game going 27-25 with and a result in the Bulldogs being able to get out with a win in the fourth set. The fifth set was a fast start for the Bulldogs, having the momentum and with Modesto taking a few points to get there fight on Coach Harris calls a timeout for a chance for them to take a breather. Then after the timeout, the momentum was on the Panthers side as they took control of the final points due to errors of Tubbs hitting in the net, and hitting the ball out. Match point Junior Samantha served the ball, the back row passer of Turlock passes the ball to the setter, she sets the ball behind her to set it up to Tubbs coming in behind her, Tubs hits the ball into the block of Seniors Hannah Scott and Shelby Benz scuffing block her for the winning point!