SAT registration

By Yari Mariscal, Reporter

Why should you take the SAT? Many students should consider taking the SAT their junior or senior year because many colleges look at these scores. There will be many dates to take them. The first one is October 24th. Taking the SAT will help prepare for college, for example helping you to prepare for placement tests and showing whether you are ready to take the next step or not. It is a big benefit to take this test your junior year so you know what to work on and do better the next time. Students can take the SAT test as many times as needed and the college they are applying for will choose the best score. It is necessary for all seniors planning to go to any college to take this test even if they are going to MJC. It is best to do the test because you can be accepted to any colleges  you didn’t think you were going to be accepted in.

One of the best things about taking the SAT is that even if you have a bad GPA, it balances out. Many students have been accepted to great colleges and universities by scoreing great on the test. In fact the test is so important some scholarships ask for these scores. There is help for those who want to take the test. There are fee wavers to help reduce the price or get it free. The website to register is satcollegeboard.org and I encourage all juniors and seniors to take it this year.