First Pep Rally of the Year

By Sarah Rinne, Reporter

Modesto High School held its first pep rally of the 2018-2019 school year on Friday, August 24th. The purpose of the pep rally was to get students aware and excited for the first home football game that occurred later on that night. Right after 7th period, students gathered in front of the auditorium steps and waited for the rally to begin. Football players, cheerleaders, and members of the band filled the steps and hyped up the crowd. Students who attended the rally enjoyed watching performances from the cheerleaders and band, chanting along to cheers, and singing the Modesto High Hymn. When asked how it felt to perform at the rally, band member Selorna Ackuayi said, “It’s a lot of work and it takes commitment but I always get a rush of joy being able to entertain.” The band did an amazing job and were a perfect addition to the rally. During their performance, some lucky attendees even managed to catch a free t-shirt! Overall the event was a success and this year’s new rally lead, Liam Willerup, did a great job leading the crowd.

Before the rally took place Liam commented, “I’m excited because this is something I’ve never done before and I’m ready to hype everyone up. I’m most looking forward to going out there and showing my pride.” Liam succeeded in showing his pride and getting everyone ready for the football game at Gregori against Beyer. The spirit continued throughout the rally and the whole game later that night. Mohi blew Beyer out of the water with a 44-6 win and the student section proudly supported and cheered for our team.

Sarah Rinne, Reporter

Sarah Rinne is a freshman in the International Baccalaureate program at Modesto High School. In her first year of high school, she is excited to become...