Campus Highlight: The SBO

By Shelby Benz, Editor

What is the SBO? Down the main hall and nestled to the right of the front entrance in room 9 is the SBO, or Student Body Office. The SBO is the location from which staff and students can access and acquire understanding of the complex web of school activities stretching from academics, to athletics, to clubs.

According to Ms. Gundran-Williams, the school secretary, the SBO is a “resource for students to find out about school activities, events, and ASB.” Her and Mr. Taylor, the school activities director and leadership development teacher, are responsible for the smooth management of the store throughout the entire year.

The SBO is a vessel from which students can access all the information and paperwork needed to become more active and involved members of the MoHi community. Ms. Gundran-Williams explained that many students take advantage of the concentration of resources to purchase spirit wear and to join afterschool sports. Additionally, “The fundraising money for ASB and other clubs flows through the office.”

A clean smell wafts through the room from Jennifer’s special blue candle, and the AC seemingly works ten times better than any other location on campus. On the right of the room, when first entering from the hallway, schedules line the wall, creating a uniform transparency with planning and attending events. Immediately to the left of the entrance, cubby folders are labeled with all the possible paperwork a student may need to: join a sport or a club, start a club, plan a fundraiser, etcetera. From the outlet store, accessed on the outside of the school, shirts, sweatshirts, PE clothes, socks, and other spirit wear items are available for purchase to encourage students to sport their panther pride at special events, on spirit Fridays, or outside of school as well.

The student store is accessible, well-managed, and a hub of inspiration to embark on your high school journey.

Shelby Benz, Editor

Shelby Benz is a Senior at Modesto High School who is currently enrolled in the International Baccalaureate Programme. She is a very involved student who...