5 Things To Do On A Rainy Day

By Jasmine López, Reporter

It seems as if the rain won’t stop! While rainy days may seem gloomy, here are some things to do to make the days seem more uplifting.

1. Make Your Own Bubble Bath
    Slip into a soothing bath laced with your own moisturizing soap blend. In a clean container, mix together ½ cup mild liquid hand or body soap, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, and 1 egg white. Pour the entire mixture under the running water as you draw your bath. Honey is a natural humectant, which will attract and retain moisture in your skin. The egg white helps create stronger, longer-lasting bubbles, for a nice, fluffy bath. For extra-dry skin, consider adding a tablespoon of light oil, such as almond or light sesame. (Another surprising bath booster? Vinegar.)See the source image
  2. Camp in the Indoors
    Who says tents have to stay outside? If you have a pop-up or small dome tent, it’s easy to set up camp for your kids indoors. If not, you can create tents by draping sheets over the couch. Make them comfy with airbeds, pillows, and sleeping bags, then follow through with an indoor picnic to be eaten “under canvas.”See the source image
  3. Bake Up Some Chocolate-Chip Cookies
    Nothing cures rainy day blues like a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. Dunk them in milk or eat ’em (practically) right out of the oven—a surefire way to happily weather the storm. Now, if you and your family fancy other varieties, that’s no problem: We have 19 additional classic cookie recipes to choose from.See the source image
  4. Have Your Own Film Festival
    Queue up some classics like Singin’ in the Rain or even Toy Story. Keep a cozy throw on hand to snuggle under, a big bowl of popcorn to dip into, and settle in to enjoy the show(s). See the source image

5. Play Hide and Go Seek
    Depending on the layout of your house, it may be too easy to find your opponents, so you might want to make up new rules to the game or have a home base where you can dash to if you don’t want to get caught.See the source image

Jasmine López, Editor

Jasmine López is currently a senior in the International Baccalaureate Program at Modesto High. This is her third year writing for the Panther Press...